Looking Glass Studios
System Shock: Enhanced Edition review
1 GB available space
System Shock: Enhanced Edition Review
System Shock: Enhanced Edition is an app created by Looking Glass Studios. System Shock: Enhanced Edition was first published on . System Shock: Enhanced Edition is currently available on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
For the first time ever, System Shock has been rebuilt from the original source code as a FREE update to all owners of the game!
Re-discover what made System Shock the first of it's kind, a ground breaking immersive sim that would inspire a generation of games to come....
Twenty one years after its first release, System Shock is back!
System Shock: Enhanced Edition features:
- Higher resolution support up to 4K widescreen mode
- Mouselook support
- Rebindable keyboard/mouse/joystick commands
- Adapted to Nightdive's KEX engine
- Support for both Direct3D and OpenGL
- Option to switch between hi-resolution Mac assets and the original DOS assets
- Official support for fan missions and fan mods
- New unified options menu that allows changing preferences before gameplay
- Adjustable FOV (Field of View)
- Smoother camera rotation and translation
- Improved control scheme which allows faster and streamlined experience
- Brand new achievements
- Remappable keys with three profiles to choose from: original controls, custom controls, and lefthanded controls.
- Many original game bugs fixed.
A first-person fight to the death in the depths of space.
You're a renowned hacker, the most notorious cyberspace thief in the corporate world. Caught during a risky break-in, you become indentured to Diego, a greedy Trioptium exec who bankrolls a rare cyberjack implant operation. After six months in a healing coma, you awaken to the twisted aftermath of a terrible disaster. Where are the surgeons? Why is the station in such disrepair? Slowly, the chilling realization that something is very wrong creeps over you.
Once a prime corporate research facility, Citadel now teems with mindless cyborgs, robots and terribly mutated beings, all programmed to serve SHODAN, a ruthless A.I. There's scarcely time to think before it unleashes the first terror...
- Rocket through cyberspace to steal information, hack security and grapple with watchdog defense programs enslaved to a maniacal computer.
- Survive battle after battle against armies of killer cyborgs and deadly robots as you collect hardware attachments, life-sustaining patches and deadly weapons to combat mindless mutants.
- Test your intelligence by solving puzzles, rewiring access panels and outwitting SHODAN in its own cyber-realm.
- Enjoy the vastly improved controls and graphics of the Enhanced Edition - or keep your experience as close to the original as possible with the Classic version.
Included Extras located in your Steam\SteamApps\common\SS1EE\Bonus Content folder!
- Enhanced Edition Quick Start Guide
- Original Manual (English, German, French)
- Game Maps
- I.C.E. BREAKER - Official Origin Hint Book
- System Shock - Strategies & Secrets - Strategy Guide
- OST - (Midi, MP3, FLAC)
- TV Commercial