FSX Steam Edition: Grumman® F4F Wildcat® & Martlet Add-On review
Fanabis.org is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
FSX Steam Edition: Grumman® F4F Wildcat® & Martlet Add-On Review
FSX Steam Edition: Grumman® F4F Wildcat® & Martlet Add-On is an app developed by Just Flight. FSX Steam Edition: Grumman® F4F Wildcat® & Martlet Add-On was first published on . It is accessible on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
About This ContentDeveloped by Just Flight, the Wildcat and Martlet add-on for FSX: Steam Edition contains four different aircraft - the Grumman F4F-3 and F4F-4 Wildcats and also the Martlet I and Martlet IV, the British name given to the F4F-3 and F4F-4-based aircraft which were supplied to Britain from the earliest days of WWII.
Other than the Wildcat, no other American aircraft fought throughout the entirety WWII, from 1940 to VJ Day in 1945. The Wildcat was there when the US Navy and Marines entered the Pacific theater and also when the final atomic bomb was dropped. In addition to service in the North Atlantic, British Martlets saw combat in warmer climates such as Malt and North Africa as well as alongside their American counterparts throughout the Pacific.
The Wildcat could be considered the US Navy’s answer to the Spitfire, as it performed heroically against considerable odds in often difficult conditions. Notable examples of military activity featuring this aircraft include the battles of Coral Sea and Midway, as well as later in the dark days of the early Pacific islands campaigns at infamous locations such as Guadalcanal and Rabaul.
- Accurately recreated models for 4 variants aircraft with 20 liveries:
- F4F-3 Wildcat
- F4F-4 Wildcat
- Martlet I
- Martlet IV
- F4F-3 Wildcat
- Fully detailed and animated F4F undercarriage
- Folding wings (F4F-4 and Martlet IV) with detailed mechanisms and correct wing stay rods when folded
- Fully detailed split flaps
- Accurate and detailed radial engines
- Operating tail hook and lockable tail wheel
- Realistic animated pilot in a choice of uniforms to suit the aircraft
- Retractable landing lights
- Animated cowl flaps in correct configurations for each type
- Choice of aircraft with tanks or no tanks
- Fully compatible with carrier operations
- Highly detailed Virtual Cockpit
- Every switch, knob and lever is animated and most are fully functional
- Separate VCs for US and British types and different layouts for F4F-4 and F4F-3
- Fluid 3D gauges with accurate readings